August 20th – We regret to announce the rally has been cancelled
Due to a surge in COVID-19 cases in the interior of BC, on August 20th strict limits to the number of people gathering indoors AND outdoor have been mandated. As a result, it will no longer be possible to hold the rally.
We thank those who preregistered for the rally and our sponsors for your support. It was a difficult decision and we can only hope 2022 will see COVID-19 recede into our memories. The committee are now in the process of cancelling contracts and letting all our partners know so that we can minimize the fall-out. The relationships built over the last 15 months have paid off and there will be minimal financial consequence.
However we do want to refund those who have preregistered as quickly as possible. This will start this week for those that did not order T-shirts. For those that did order T-shirts we want to know whether you would still like to receive one. If so, there will be a small shipping charge of $5. Or, if you want to cancel your T-shirt that’s okay. Please let us know either way by using the Inquiries form or replying to the email sent out by Nigel on Sunday, August 22nd.
We know a few of you are still hoping to make the journey to the BC Interior in the next month. If you do please let us know and we will do our best to connect with you.
Nigel, on behalf of the Nortorious 2 Rally Committee